#MCCOTInterview {6}



Elisabetta Dessy, the popular Italian pro-age Model who confirms that beauty is not a question of age anymore

Born and raised in Rome, Elisabetta Dessy is 64 years old. She is the mother of two. After being a former Olympic swimmer and then a successful model in her early-twenties, a few years ago, she went back into the game. She is now one of the most requested pro-age models on the international market. For all the women, she is the perfect example that aging is not something bad but can, at the contrary, be amazing. Elisabetta have no intention of giving up this new successful journey on the sets and on the catwalks. She is grateful for it. Age is not a problem anymore for women. The most important thing is to take care of our bodies and love ourselves. It requests, of course, some discipline and a daily training. Elisabetta knows it well: she runs and walks every single day to keep herself in an olympic shape. Let's meet an over 60 happy woman proud of her wrinkles who embraces life with grace and positivity. As all women shoud do. Not only the face of prestigious brand campaigns but a real Female Role Model to imitate. 

By Hélène Battaglia

Who are you?

Not easy to say, but in three steps, a brave woman, a mother, a model.


Before entering the Fashion Industry, your life was entirely dedicated to sport as a professional swimmer. Which memories did you keep from this time of your life?

Sport has given me discipline; the memories of my sporting years are beautiful. I also remember the great effort of training together with the satisfactions of having achieved the goals. My biggest milestone remains the 1976 Montreal Olympics.

When did you start modelling?

I started at a very young age: my height and the natural way in which I approached this job immediately opened many doors for me. I interrupted to dedicate myself to my children; a few years ago, I thought it was time to get back into the game and here I am back on the set, happy and amazed as i were at twenty. 





How your former athlete background boosted your model career?

Sport has left me discipline and the ability to focus on achieving a goal, very useful things for my work as a model.

In 2018, you made your comeback in Fashion as a Pro-age model. What did you do in between?

I dedicated myself to my family, keeping a strong passion for sport and I continued to run which I do, even now, every day.


Modelling in the 70’s and modelling now? What has changed?

This business is constantly changing in the type of research on faces and types of women. Digital itself is a revolution. Everything has changed except my desire to discover new things and keep working.


Which relationship do you have with your body?

Very good my body is my temple and I take care of it by training and eating healthily.

Which is your daily routine to be in Olympic shape at 64?

Run , run , run !





You are one of the few who age in a natural and good way on this market. Which is your opinion about plastic and cosmetic surgery and the abuse of lots of women nowadays?

I am not against it, as long as it does not distort the features and makes us unrecognizable.


You are a mother of two. Are your children working in Fashion too?

My children don't work in this industry but they are proud fans of their mom.


Your beauty stands out of the crowd. Brands love your aristocratic attitude. Did you inherit it from your mother Amalia Acqua, Countess of Osimo?

From my mother as from my family in general. My grandfather belonged to the Savoia family and was the pope's personal doctor; our background always leaves a trace.

 Have you already decided when you’ll stop modelling?

Never.

You are born and raised in the Eternal City and based in Milan but you look like a Parisian. How is it?

I’m a world citizen open to approach to any new culture and city.







A tip to a young woman who is dreaming a career as a model?

Believe in yourself, rely on good agents, keep a bit of charm.



All the pictures are courtesy of D Management Group 


IG: @elisabettadessy
      @dmanagementgroup 
      @models1
      @women360mgmt
      @lebureaubooking


#ElisabettaDessy
#Proagemodel
#formerOlympicswimmer
# FashionIndustry
#dmanagement
#rolemodel







 

Popular Posts