#MCCOTInterview {8}


Maura Wasescha, the successful St. Moritz Luxury Real Estate Agent, First Lady of Hospitality 

Life is unpredictable. Maura Wasescha didn't really plan to move in Switzerland. It just happened by accident to avoid one relative to loose his job. From Italian Toscany where she was born, in over 4 decades, she has become one of the most recognized and valued inhabitant of St. Moritz. Her Luxury Real Estate is indeed a real fixture on site. She started from scratch and thanks to her hard work, her humility and her great skills as a real estate agent, she made it. She opened her own agency. It was not always easy but she never gave up. Because if she lose today, she will win tomorrow. Let's meet a brave, passionate and self-confidence self-made woman who turned herself into a successful and valued entrepreneur; a mum of 4 who is proud that her business is now a flourishing family business. 

By Hélène Battaglia

Who are you?
I’m Maura Wasescha and I’m an entrepreneur with my own agency for luxury real estate. I work in this business since 43 years. I’m a mother of 4 and a grandmother of 2.



What brought you, from magic Tuscany where you were born, to St. Moritz?
After my high school diploma, I went to Switzerland to keep my cousin 's workplace: he had a very bad car accident. In Switzerland, at this time, when you didn’t show up to your workplace for 2 weeks you lost your job no matter what was the cause of the absence. So I started to work at the station restaurant as a waitress.

When did you move the first steps as a real estate agent?
It was in 1981 at a company called Interhome. On one side I rented out apartments and houses and on the other side I slowly started to sell houses and apartments too. At that time I didn’t work with luxury real estate because there were mostly standard real estate.

When did you know it was the right time for you to start your own entrepreneur career as the owner of your agency?
When I was the most successful real estate agent in the history of Interhome Europe and the bosses called me to reorganize the whole office of Interhome Barcelona. This was a great feedback for my hard work at that time.




Year after year, your real estate agency has confirmed its position as a leader on the Swiss market and worldwide. How did you make it?
This was only possible with the skills I learned on my hard way to where I am now and thanks to my company philosophy: Seriousity, being available 24/7, great understanding of people, treating every person the same way from the cleaning staff to the billionaire, being humble. 

Maximum Wellness is at the heart of your corporate philosophy. Is it the secret of your success? 
It's a great part of the identity of my company to offer maximum wellbeing to my clients.




Today you are a successful Female entrepreneur and a recognized and valued woman in Switzerland. How really difficult has it been for a young Italian woman to reach such a privileged status abroad? 
It was a hard road; it is  sometimes hard even now. First I am a woman, second I’m Italian and third I’m successful. This was only possible because I never stopped. My first motto: Non mollare mai, which means don’t ever give up, helped me a lot during the really hard times. My second motto: I lose today , I win tomorrow.

The truth is that more than the typical real estate agent, you seem to have become the St.Moritz’s Queen of hospitality, don’t you? 
I am not a queen, just a businesswoman whose goal is to offer luxury in such a way that it can be fully enjoyed. Because what is luxury if you do not have the time to enjoy it?





After decades at the service of your clients, what makes you still happy at work every day?
It makes me happy when I make my clients happy. Also I really enjoy to connect my clients with each other so that interesting collaborations and friendships can grow.

Are you planning to involve your children into your business in a near future?
My both youngest sons Michael (23) and Matteo (21) are already working with me. Michael since 4 years and Matteo since 2 years. I am very proud to have them in my company and they do a really good job. The clients really like that my sons are in the business, because they see a continuity. Indeed, they now take care of  the next generation, my clients' sons. 

Since a few years, you are the editor-in-chief of your own magazine edited by BLUSH éditions. How did you come with this lovely idea? 
It all started when I met the publisher Grégory Ayoun at Swiss Red Cross Gala St. Moritz. A wonderful friendship and a business collaboration started… the rest is history.




When you are not busy at work making other people happy, what makes you happy in Life?
I love to cook: to me it's a form of meditation. After a stressful day I love to have dinner with my family and simply watch a movie together. We all have a lovely relationship with each other. My family really helped me to become the person I am today. It is my harbour.  I also love to spend time outdoors in the nature to refuel my energy, or to read a book or to listen to music.


All the pictures are Courtesy of Maura Wasescha.



IG: @Maurawasescha_agency

 #MauraWasescha

#StMoritz

#Luxuryrealestate

#Successfulfemaleentrepreneur


 

Popular Posts