#MCCOTInterview {7}


Viola Stancati, the Landlady of Casa Parini

From Fashion Editor passionate about Sustainable Fashion to Founder of her own Premium Organic, Ethically Made and responsibly Sourced Home Textile Brand. This is the inspirational story of Viola Stancati, a new Italian Female Entrepreneur in her thirty who has just launched her Casa Parini. This is a bold challenge for sure. But Life is made to dream big, isn't it? As Eleanore Roosevelt once said: 'The Future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams'. Let's meet this brave young woman who is starting a new exciting chapter of her life as a business woman on the trail of her grandfather. A modern working girl who cares about sustainability and solidarity. But first who believes in Slowing down and doing things with all Your heart instead of being focused only on making money. Break a leg!!!

By Hélène Battaglia

Who are you?

I’m an Italian entrepreneur and a fashion writer with a passion for sustainable living. I grew up in Italy and after many years abroad, mainly in the UK, I felt the need to come back home and build something of my own. I currently live between Rome, Milan and Turin, where our sheets are cut and tailored. 




What did you study at the prestigious King’s College London?

I completed a Master in Arts and Cultural Management which paved the road to my first jobs in London back in 2014. I had a brief stint in the music business before working in Fashion PR with a focus on sustainable fashion communication. 

How a Fashion editor passionate about Sustainable Fashion like you are, has become the founder of her own sustainable Home textile brand?

I’ve always been passionate about fashion and interior design rooted in heritage and craftsmanship. In recent years, I noticed there was a real gap in the bedding industry when it comes to innovative textiles or chic but accessible bed sheet brands. I really do think that fibers such as hemp are the future of textiles. Hemp is one of the world’s most sustainable crops, as it requires very little water to grow and no pesticides. Especially what concerns the bedding industry, a sector currently dominated by cotton and, in smaller quantities, linen. Also learning about supply chains and speaking regularly to fashion brands as a fashion writer, has perhaps made the launch of my own brand, less scary and more tangible. Writing a lot about this topic has really helped me to have the confidence to take that same path.





Why did you call it Casa Parini?

Our bed sheets are produced in Turin on a road called Via Parini, inside a 1930’s building where my grandfather, Giulio Barberini, once ran a textile business. 

Could you tell us more about the brand philosophy?

I believe great textiles make great interiors. And, just like fashion, to make great interiors today you can’t ignore how products are made and who makes them. For me, transparency is central to Luxury.

What about the production ‘Made in Piedmont’, why did you make this choice?

That’s where my roots lie: my family is from Turin and I liked the idea of working with businesses there.

Why the collaboration with a non-profit organization which helps women migrants was so important for you?

Because I think there is no real sustainability without thinking about ethics. As I said earlier, we really care about how our sheets are made but also we care about who makes them. Creating a business that could give something back to my local community was for me a crucial part of this project.

Are you dreaming of building a strong Female community who share your values of sustainability and solidarity?

I was just talking about it with a friend the other day; about how, my team and collaborators - from the production all the way to the website design – is entirely made up of women. There are so many women out there setting up incredible businesses and I think it’s crucial that we support and work with each other.

More than a brand, can Casa Parini be considered more as a real slow living invitation?

In some way, Casa Parini is a reflection of my values and a way for me to encourage a more mindful and respectful attitude towards our planet. I’m not saying that mindful purchases can save the world, but as businesses, I feel we have a responsibility towards making products that don’t put additional pressure on our planet’s limited and precious resources.







When will your brand be officially launched?

End of February our e-commerce will finally be up and will run!

Casa Parini in three words…

Mindful, Modern and Fun.

What are you planning for the near future?

I see our line of bed sheets as the start of a bigger project that aims to show that interiors can and must be not just beautiful but also sustainable. More home products will follow, including other home textiles.

Where will Casa Parini be available to order or purchase in stores?

For now, on the British sustainable platform Rêve en Vert  led by the wonderful Cora Hilts and of course our own website. 


As you are a young founder and Female entrepreneur, do you have sometimes any fear to fail?

Starting a business is always a risk and you don’t know if it will work out until it does. I think passion for what you do always helps to overcome the fear. But fear is natural for all entrepreneurs. 



All the pictures are Courtesy of Casa Parini


www.casaparini.com

IG: @violastancati

       @casaparini

       @revenvert

        @corahilts


#ViolaStancati

#Casa Parini

#OrganicHomeTextileBrand

#MadeinPiedmont

#SlowFashion

#SustainableFashion

#Femaleentrepreneur

#Rêveenvert

#Corahilts





Popular Posts